Sunday 5 August 2007

Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Cymru // Thoughts from the Baltic Sea


Sut mae? Wie geht's? How are you?

Was just thinking about my visits to the National Eisteddfod of Wales from 1992 onwards. My first was the Aberystwyth one - when I could not speak any Welsh - and after that I went about six times and spoke Welsh. After 2000 I went four times.

This is the biggest highlight in the Welsh calendar - happening NOW - & it is like the landscape of Wales - amazing. There is so much talent! Welsh people are good musicians, esp. singers. After all my criticisms I feel it is necessary to write about my good memories: Pafiliwn, Pabell y Dysgwyr, Dafydd Iwan, Bryn Terfel, Sian Cothi, Cymru a'r Byd.
I am interested in Welsh novels and stories and in Welsh literature abroad.

I THINK WITH EXPERIENCES AND ILL HEALTH FOR A LONG TIME MY VIEWS HAD CHANGED. I HAD TO EXPERIENCE HOSPITALS & LOSING JOBS.....seeing I got no help when I needed it from the government or the country. INDIVIDUAL FRIENDS WERE ALWAYS VERY NICE!!

HEDDWCH! Frieden! Peace for all!

3 comments:

Exmoorjane said...

Hi Netty....I'm a huge fan of Nordic walking, as you may have gathered! Your blog is intere sting - my husband is Welsh....and I have a fair few Welsh friends.....I both love and hate Wales in possibly equal measures! j

Bo said...

S'mae Netty! fe weles i eich post chi ar fy blog. diolch yn fawr i chi! Na i edrych ymlaen i ddarllen eich blog chi o hyn ymlaen!
Hwyl nawr
Mark (At ATALANTA FVGIENS)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!